Palazzo Rosadi is a luxurious Tuscan villa only 3km from the village of Monterchi where Piero della Francesca painted one of his most famous frescos "The Madonna del Parto" near the end of the 1500s. Today this is an important work for art lovers all over the world.
Palazzo Rosadi, built in 1785 by Andrea Rosadi, ancestor of the current owner, as a family country home, and only later in 1889 Francesco Rosadi moved into the house in order to better administer his affairs and run his agricultural business.
In the past and up until the mid 1930s the production was concentrated on silk worms and gelso plants which the silk worms would live upon.
Today the business produces sunflowers and maize and mainly Kentucky tobacco, perfect for Tuscan cigars.
In 1902 the Villa was extended and the rooms and halls were decorated by a famous local artist, Luigi Puletti, precursor of the "Liberty Style".
In one of the 4 bedrooms on the first floor you can find the camera dell'opera, so called because a family friend stayed in it, the famous composer Pietro Mascagni.
As proof of this you can find a dedication to the current owner's grandmother and a beautiful bed dedicated to the most famous opera written by Mascagni: "La Cavalleria Rusticana".
Tuscany Resort with private pool, is surrounded by 25 hectares of land with century old oaks, cypresses and pines where a natural footpath has been created for guests to admire the typical flora and fauna of this corner of Tuscany.
A large garden with ornate roses approx. 1 hectare surrounds the villa and on one side there is the old pergola with moscatello and canaiola grapes, used to produce Vin Santo.
The pool (6m x 12m) is situated on a lower level than the villa (approx 50m) and is complete with umbrellas, gazebo with table, chairs, aluminium sunbeds and shower. The gardens and pool are illuminated by a lighting system which comes on at night, ideal for staying outside on summer evenings.
One of the priciple characteristics of the furnishings at Villa Palazzo Rosadi are the bedrooms and lounge with some original furniture from the 1900s, making the atmosphere relaxing and enjoyable, as well as comfortable.
- Basic welcome pack
- Equipped kitchens
- Laundry room
- Weekly change of bed/bathroom linen and pool towels
- Hot/cold water
- TV satellite
- Reserved parking, not supervised
- Outdoor fully equipped swimming pool and changing room
- Pool cleaning
- Two mountain bikes
- Child beds
- Baby cots
- Private outdoor dining area
- Sunbeds, chairs and gazebo
- 5 hours use of tennis court in Monterchi in holiday package
- Free fishing in private lake only 500m from the villa
- Excursion to the Tiber Valley with the owner
- Wine tasting in famous winery at Montepulciano
- Transfer by van with driver from and to the airports of Rome, Perugia, Florence, Pisa, Bologna, Forlė
- Guided visits to artistic towns (Sansepolcro Anghiari Monterchi Arezzo Cittā di Castello Gubbio Perugia)
- Van hiring for tours with English-speaking guide
- Car hiring (the owner can hire a car for you and let you find it at the villa directly)
- Professional chef for breakfast, dinners (the price depend on the menų) or for cooking lessons
- Internet connection and telephone
- Central heating on consumption
- Possibility of pheasant hunting, partridges, quails in a reserve (reserved for guests with a hunting license)
- Possibility of fly fishing, fish to be returned to water, on a section of river to the north of Sansepolcro where the recent world championships were held. This section is particularly famous for fly fishing lovers, the pure water allows the survival of the trout