Villa Torre del Cielo comes from the attention to every detail, embracing every aspect of modern hospitality, for the complete comfort of guests. The name of this antique building, from the 1600s, comes from it's position: from here you can admire a fantastic panoramic view of the Valtiberina valley and the tuscany hills.
"Torre del Cielo" was originally a watch tower, built around the first half of the 1600s by Ferdinando II de' Medici and was used by a small group of soldiers to watch over and defend themselves from the arrival of possible enemies.
The tower is one of a series, still present today, built along the border with the Church State to protect the borders from possible invasions.
It is situated at about 2.5km from Monterchi, the last piece of land of the Grand Duke of Tuscany, very close to the border of the Church State and world famous for the fresco by Piero della Francesa of the "Madonna del Parto".
Due to its privileged position (dominating the valley of Padonchia) Torre del Cielo has seen numerous battles over the centuries. As proof of this you can still see the antique slit windows from where the soldiers used to shoot and during the restoration swords and knives were found, showing military activity.
In 1894 Francesco Rosadi, (the year of construction is carved into the fireplace on the ground floor), great grandfather of the current owner extended the original tower, giving it the form and dimension you can admire today.
The Villa has been recently restored maintaining all of the typical features of a Tuscan country house.
On the ground floor you will find a spacious and well equipped kitchen, the sumptuous dining room with antique fireplace and characteristic reading room.
On the first floor the guests have 4 bedrooms, finely furnished respecting Tuscan style: the beds are made of wrought iron and the furniture is antique with 2 double bedrooms and 2 twin rooms (that can be double) all with private bathrooms.
In the characteristic tower, which has a separate entrance from the rest of the villa, there is a sofa with small table and comfortable shower room on the ground floor. On the first floor there is a double bedroom (can be twin by request) and a large terrace with splendid panoramic view of the valley.
Villa Torre del Cielo offers a large swimming pool for fresh and relaxing moments in the good season. Around the pool are sunbeds, brolleys and gazebo to enjoy the summer in total privacy while surrounded by the large garden. Here you can dine and enjoy the fresh outside table with brolley near the kitchen.
The garden is 2 hectares, cared for passionatly by the owners, with olives, peach trees and plum trees organically cultivated from which guests can personally pick the fruit. There are also roses, lavender and rosemary which are very colourful and fill the air with lovely scents which are difficult to forget.
Make your stay in Tuscany unique with a holiday at Villa Torre del Cielo. For sport lovers there is a 5-a-side football pitch and a table tennis table. Long walks await you through the oak woods surrounding the property.
Rent a Villa in Tuscany, Torre del Cielo is ideal location for an unforgettable holiday in the heart of Tuscan countryside.
- Basic welcome pack
- Equipped kitchens
- Laundry room
- Weekly change of bed/bathroom linen and pool towels
- Hot/cold water
- TV satellite
- Reserved parking, not supervised
- Outdoor fully equipped swimming pool and changing room
- Pool cleaning
- Two mountain bikes
- Child beds
- Baby cots
- Private outdoor dining area
- Sunbeds, chairs and gazebo
- 5 hours use of tennis court in Monterchi in holiday package
- Free fishing in private lake only 500m from the villa
- Excursion to the Tiber Valley with the owner
- Wine tasting in famous winery at Montepulciano
- Transfer by van with driver from and to the airports of Rome, Perugia, Florence, Pisa, Bologna, Forlė
- Guided visits to artistic towns (Sansepolcro Anghiari Monterchi Arezzo Cittā di Castello Gubbio Perugia)
- Van hiring for tours with English-speaking guide
- Car hiring (the owner can hire a car for you and let you find it at the villa directly)
- Professional chef for breakfast, dinners (the price depend on the menų) or for cooking lessons
- Internet connection and telephone
- Central heating on consumption
- Possibility of pheasant hunting, partridges, quails in a reserve (reserved for guests with a hunting license)
- Possibility of fly fishing, fish to be returned to water, on a section of river to the north of Sansepolcro where the recent world championships were held. This section is particularly famous for fly fishing lovers, the pure water allows the survival of the trout